The dictionary focuses most closely on works current in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries when alchemy flourished, captivating the minds of some of the greatest figures of the day, from Sir Walter Raleigh to Isaac Newton.
- QuickTime for the Web: For Windows and Macintosh.
- Specification for nickel and nickel-alloy bare welding electrodes and rods?
- A Dictionary of Alchemical Imagery;
- Gluthione transferases and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidases!
Each entry includes a definition of the symbol, giving the literal physical and figurative spiritual meanings, an example of the symbol used in alchemical writing, and a quotation from a literary source. Drawing from the unique holdings of the Ferguson Collection at the University of Glasgow, the dictionary offers a representative selection of fifty visual images graphic woodcuts, copper plate engravings, or hand-painted emblems , some of which have not been reproduced since they first appeared.
Add to Cart Ask a Question. See all items in Reference of All Sorts.
See all items by Lyndy Abraham. Fourth international emblem conference, K. Leuven, August : abstracts by Lyndy Abraham Book 1 edition published in in English and held by 1 WorldCat member library worldwide.
Glasgow international emblem conference , abstracts : University of Glasgow, August Book 1 edition published in in English and held by 0 WorldCat member libraries worldwide. Audience Level.
- A Dictionary of Alchemical Imagery.
- I'd like to be notified of new arrivals in the following categories..
- Download options.
- Site Index.
Related Identities. Associated Subjects. English Author , Other.